We are a registered charitable organization.
Seton Villa is unique. We are one of the few housing providers that offer supportive housing and assisted living for seniors with modest incomes. We exist to meet the needs not available to low-income seniors.
One of the ways in which we contain our costs is through financial support from friends and our community. We need your help to do this.
Funds are needed for:
- Specialty Bathtub for residents with mobility issues
- Mechanical life to help residents who fall
- Exercise equipment
- Mansion Renovations – be part of restoring our heritage property Overlynn Mansion
Ways You Can Give
- Planned Giving: Refers to ways in which seniors and others can assist us by planning now for future giving. This way, people can ensure that they have sufficient funds for their present needs. Planned giving through bequests and wills provides the opportunity to support Seton Villa when individual financial needs are no longer a concern.
To make a bequest or donation through a will is easy to do and can be done through a Notary Public or a lawyer at the time that a will is being drawn up or reviewed.
- Donations: Donations are always welcomed and can be put to immediate use. As a registered Charity, we issue receipts which can be used for income tax deductions.
To mail a donation, please make your cheque payable to “Seton Villa Society” and clearly mark it as “Donation”. Send it to:
3755 McGill Street
The registered charitable number and information for Action Line Housing Society can be found at the Canada Revenue Agency website under List of Charities.
Thank you for your generous support!
Our volunteers are an integral part of the programs we offer to residents; improving the quality of life for the seniors who live here.
If you are interested in developing new skills, sharing your talents with others and making new friends, please contact us!
Some of the ways you can help:
- Leading peer support groups
- Being a mentor and visit lonely residents
- Conduct small group activities such as crafts, baking, basic language classes
- Gardening with residents who have a plot or a raised bed
- Driving our 18 passenger bus (unrestricted class 4 required)
- Teaching fitness/pool exercises (certification required)
Please call Ann or Marylene at 778-945-7087.